Distinctive Handcrafted Jewelry

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

New Vintage shop

It's been a few days since I posted anything and that is because my wife came up with a brainstorm.  We are in the process of getting our house ready to sell, because we are going to move closer to the kids and grand kids.  In our book, family is what makes the world go round.  And we are planning to downsize so many things are going to have to go.  So wifey recently said, "Why don't you put this on your ETSY shop" or "You could see if you could sell that on ETSY".

While the concept was good, it didn't seem like listing an Antique Victorian Birdcage right next to a Cross And Infinity Loop Necklace was a good strategy.  So I opened a second ETSY shop to list Vintage merchandise.  Right now I have 15 items listed and have several others to add.  Figuring out how to set up the first shop was the hard part, but setting up a second one was pretty easy.  I read in one of the forums that when you open a second shop, one of them becomes the red-headed-stepchild, meaning you don't pay much attention to it.  But that doesn't seem to be the case with me thus far.  I have also read that some ETSY sellers have 3 or 4 or even 5 different shops.  Not sure I want to go quite that far, but at this point 2 seems to be very manageable.

If you get a chance, stop by my new shop From Years Back and take a look.  Who knows, you may just fall in love with that Antique Victorian Birdcage.

No comments:

Post a Comment