Distinctive Handcrafted Jewelry

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Learning some new lessons.

It has been several days since I posted anything here, and I need to be more faithful about finding the time to keep this blog updated.  My last post concerned the opening of my Vintage shop on ETSY and that has gotten off to a slow start but then that seems to be the way of life.  It just takes time to get things set up and then get all the Titles and Tags working so the traffic gets directed to your shop.  Nothing seems to go as quickly as you would like it to.  Learning to be patient is one of the biggest lessons I am learning as a seller on ETSY.

On my jewelry shop I did get a new item set up and listed.


This really is a cute piece and I am very pleased with the way it looks.  The cross is quite small, just under 1/2", but the light weight chain seems to match up with it very nicely.

I am finding that it takes a while to get things standardized, and get all the bugs ironed out.  I ordered some Sterling Silver chain from a supplier that I had not worked with before, and it was just very slightly smaller than the chain I had used before.  The problem popped up when I tried to use my "regular" jump rings.  The "old" rings were just a little bit too large to fit through the new chain links, so I had to order some new smaller gauge rings to work with the new chain.  That delayed making a couple of new necklaces that I have been wanting to put together.  I guess the lesson learned is that you need to find the parts and pieces that work, and then stick with them.  Don't change things without understanding that the changes won't come back to bite you.

No comments:

Post a Comment