Distinctive Handcrafted Jewelry

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sterling chains with some sparkle

I have added a series of Sterling Silver chains to my ETSY shop, covering 16", 18", 20", 22", and 24" lengths.  Those tend to be the more common lengths.  Since I hand cut all my chains and then add the clasps, I can make chains in literally any length.

These Sterling Silver chains are made with flat cable chain links, and finished with a 5mm spring clasp. The 2x1.5mm links in this chain give it extra sparkle because unlike many chains that use round wire to form the links, this chain has had the links flattened slightly, which results in a larger flat surface area to reflect more light, and hence they have more of a sparkling appearance.  These chains can be worn on their own, to create a light and airy appearance, or can be stacked in combination with other necklaces. It is a fairly light weight chain that probably would not be good for larger pendants or dangles.


I felt that this would be a good addition to my listings, to offer customers the option of a plain chain.  If it seems to be popular, I could add medium and/or heavier chains for larger pendants, and also as an option for men.  Time will tell whether this will be an area to be expanded.  One other possibility might be to go to large link chains for both men's and women's bracelets.  Lots of possibilities here.

No comments:

Post a Comment